De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Take some distance, a few steps back from everything is so important to do & can be so good for you. Ruling a blog can take a lot of time, a lot of attention and sometimes it's good to just left it aside. It was sweet to see your comments and the mails asking if everything was ok. It was necessary for me to take time, to think, to try a few things without any pressure or any blog timing included. I am trying to change some stuff in what I do  & especially in photography. I have been hardly satisfied with the pictures I did lately. Except this series I must admit. I am a very though critic with myself...
So, the best thing to do to in order to try to feel things again was to challenge everything. The Rolleicord & black and white film. What doesn't ease me at all. And la Villa Savoye by Le Corbusier. What eases me a lot.
My architecture teacher laughed because I was not very much in the class and I was shooting while he was talking about la villa as "une machine à émouvoir"... This place moved me so much. I was happy when I got the rolls back. 
I am happy to be back here, I missed you.  And I'll tell you more about the new design very soon.